Crankshaft Repair, Crankpin Straightening & Heat Treatment
The Metalock Engineering Group provides cost-effective crankshaft repairs involving re-machining, straightening and heat treatment services for all types of large diesel engines, at sea or on land anywhere in the world.
Emergency crankshaft failure repairs
Crankshaft failure can happen at any time, even on the best maintained engines, however it always happens at the most inconvenient time and always results in expensive downtime and loss of revenue - that’s why Metalock is here to help.
We have highly skilled orbital machining specialists located in all of our global service centres that can respond quickly to any emergency situation involving crankshaft failure, if there is any damage caused by the failure on the structure of the engine block we also can provide specialist cold Metalock repair technicians to repair the cracked components at the same time. All repair work is covered by Lloyds Class Approval.
On Land, in Dock or at Sea
On land, at dockside or mid-ocean, Metalock skilled orbital machining technicians regularly help customers avoid the cost and inconvenience of back-to-workshop repairs. When every minute of downtime means lost revenue, in situ repair and maintenance services get the engine back into service as soon as possible.
- Crankshaft repair
- Crankshaft straightening
- Crankshaft heat treatment
- Crankshaft journal repair
- Crankpin heat treatment
- Crankshaft regrinding
- Crankshaft machining
- Crankshaft polishing
- Orbital crankpin machining/regrinding
- Main bearing machining
- Main bearing regrinding
- Main bearing journal polishing/superfinishing
The Benefits of Trusting Metalock
From marine propulsion to industrial power generation, our crankshaft reconditioning and crankpin machining service gives you valuable benefits:
- 24/7 global crankshaft/crankpin services – call us for support.
- A proven, solution-focused approach.
- Save money and time when it really counts.
- Avoid premature capital expenditure for engine replacement.
- Extend engine service life with damaged crankpin repair.
- Providing workshop quality service on site, in dry dock or at sea.
- One reliable source for these and many other specialist engineering services.
Submit an Enquiry
Find out how our experience with on-site crankshaft repairs can help save you time and money.