Diesel Engine Repairs for the Marine & Offshore industries
Diesel engines play a huge role in our everyday world providing power for industry and homes and propulsion for shipping.
Endless running times to meet the ever-increasing demands for power means that engine availability is a critical requirement, however, there are times when things don’t always go to plan and even the best-maintained engines can break down and it is always at the most inconvenient time.
We have been carrying out successful diesel engine repairs since the early 1940s and we have been involved in offshore repairs since the early 1970s. We have completed repairs for most of the offshore operators around the world and we have a long and proven track record in this specialised field of expertise.
Our technicians are all safety trained for work on and offshore and receive ongoing training to maintain a readiness to respond at short notice to any incidents, which may arise during operations offshore.
Only people with a highly developed sense of safety awareness are suitable for this training and to receive the subsequent approval to carry out this kind of work.
With technicians strategically located throughout the Metalock Engineering Group always available at short notice to travel anywhere in the world, we are organised to provide a rapid response service to deal with emergency breakdowns 365 days of the year.
Typical Repair Examples
Typical examples of what we can do in this area are:
- Cold Metalock cast iron repairs on cracked or broken engines and associated components
- Main bearing transplants instead of reconditioning
- Machine the main bearing and big end journals while the crankshaft is still in the engine using orbital machining equipment
- Refurbishment of upper/lower cylinder liner landing areas
- Metal spray and re-machine badly worn, upper liner landing faces
- Engine in line boring main bearing pockets
- Engine alignment
- Fusion welding of diesel engine cylinder heads
- Reconditioning of pistons, valves, and seats
Submit an Enquiry
Find out how our experience with on-site diesel engine repairs can help save you time and money.
With over 50 years experience in the marine & offshore industry, you can rely on Metalock with your Diesel Engine repair or overhaul.