Global On-site Orbital Machining Repairs and Maintenance
The Metalock Group’s On Site Orbital Machining division have built an extensive range of precision portable machining equipment and specialist skills.
We provide cost-effective workshop-quality machining for the largest and smallest on-site orbital machining projects around the world. 70 years of experience says we can usually solve your machining challenge on-site.
Orbital Machining for Large Reel Shaft Bearing Journals
Offshore orbital machining for a 5600 Te Main reel shaft, involving two very large reel shaft bearing journals for two of the largest roller bearings ever manufactured.
- Fixed End measure 1800 diameter x 2700mm long
- Free End measured 1180mm diameter x 1000 long
- Overall length of the shaft is 14500mm long
Our metrology department used a laser tracker to ensure that the bearing diameters at either side of the spool are in line and concentric.
We followed this with on-site machining using our specialist orbital machining equipment. Both ends were finished round and parallel, in alignment within 0.10 mm.
This accuracy ensures smooth operation and minimum stress on the bearings.
Increasing Your Productivity and Protecting Your Reputation
We’re good at what we do and often succeed where others fail. From remote power stations to the largest cargo vessels at sea, we focus on providing accurate on-site orbital machining services that help to reduce costly equipment downtime, avoiding the need for expensive equipment replacement, therefore increasing productivity and protecting your reputation.
We promise all the usual Metalock benefits when you entrust your on-site orbital machining to us:
- A proven solution-focused approach.
- 24/7 global service – call us anytime to save time and money.
- Specialists in our field - machining on site and in situ
- Build and protect your reputation with our support.
- Workshop-quality on site.
- One reliable source for all your on-site machining.
- Nearly 70 years’ of engineering expertise – you know you can trust us to complete challenging projects on time, on budget and to the highest quality.
Submit an Enquiry
Find out how our on-site orbital machining services can save you time and money.