Ship, Marine and Offshore Repairs
The Metalock Engineering Group have offered 24/7/365 specialist services, to all marine and offshore operators, all around the world for decades.
Drilling Rigs, Jack Ups, Platforms and FPSO's
We work for some of the biggest marine and offshore operators as well as OEMs providing plant and equipment to this global industry. We’ve specialised in on-site marine repairs for decades, you know your assets machinery will be in the safest professional hands.
- All types of Naval and Merchant vessels during construction or operation.
- Drilling Rigs, Jack Ups, Production Platforms and FPSO’s during construction or operation.
- We can respond quickly to emergency and breakdown situations OR to planned construction, maintenance, and dry dock projects.
A Wide Range of Dry Dock Repair Services
The range of marine in situ repairs that we regularly undertake while vessels are in dry dock includes the following:
- Engine main bearing transplants.
- Main bearing and crankpin surveys.
- Crankpin journal diameter machining in situ.
- In place main bearing machining.
- Repair of cracked diesel engine blocks, cylinders, bedplates and entablatures.
- Refurbishment of cylinder liner landing areas.
- In place In line boring on all engines.
- Engine alignment.
- Stern Tube and A-frame alignment/boring.
- Reboring coupling holes.
- Machine crane pedestal seats.
- Re-bore thruster and stabiliser location bores.
- Rudder housing, blade and horn alignment and reboring.
- Re metal and re-machine worn propeller hubs.
Many of our repairs are also carried out while alongside or mid-ocean. And if an in situ repair really isn’t possible, we can take components to our fully equipped workshops.
The Benefits of In Situ Repair Work
As with all our marine, offshore and land-based in situ repairs they present important benefits:
- A proven, solution-centric approach to specialist repairs.
- 24/7 support in for marine operators around the world.
- Faster procedures reduce costly downtime and increase asset availability.
- Extended equipment life avoids capital expenditure on expensive replacement components.
- Protect and build your professional reputation.
- One reliable source for these specialist marine engineering services.
- Priceless peace of mind.
Submit an Enquiry
Whether you need cost-effective equipment repairs soon, or you’re planning specialised ship maintenance for the future, you can contact us.