Power Generation Turbine Repairs On-Site
The worlds ever increasing demand for power in all its forms is growing year after year. Nuclear and Fossil fuelled Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines, Wind Turbines, Tidal Turbines, Hydro Turbines - they all have to run efficiently at maximum output to meet that demand. Maintaining these turbines and their associated plant is a big job.
The whole aim is to increase running times between planned outages and minimise potential breakdowns situations - and that’s where we can help!
Achieving Optimum Machine Availability
Unplanned breakdowns cost millions of dollars every year in plant repair or replacement, downtime and lost production.
The Metalock Engineering Group offer specialist engineering services onsite to assist and maintain plant and machinery to achieve optimum machine availability. We work for all the major plant manufacturers around the world as well as the power generation companies themselves.
Helping to Keep The Lights On
We are here to help keep the lights on - from 1000MW units to small industrial units we work on them all.
Machines manufactured by General Electric, Siemens, Toshiba, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Elliott Turbo, Ansaldo, Allen Steam Turbines, Wood Group, ABB, Andritz, Voith and BBC.
Machines operated by Chevron, EDF, ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, Apache, Petromasila, Nexen, SSE, Scottish Hydro, GDF Suez, Innogy, International Power, Aramco and K-Electric.
We provide assistance and support for engineers involved in turbine modifications and repairs during planned shutdowns or emergency breakdown situations anywhere in the world.
Our on site turbine repair services include:
- Orbital machining and grinding on Turbine rotor bearing journal diameters
- In line boring on turbine casings, cylinders and associated seal areas for upgrades and modifications (including fir tree blade root machining)
- Complex CNC machining on cylinders joint faces for instrumentation upgrades
- Casing split line joint face machining (vertical and horizontal)
- Casing fixed turbine blade tip grinding and Rotor blade tip grinding
- Valve seat reprofiling
- Coupling bolt hole boring
- Any drilling and tapping, doweling or flange facing
Submit an Enquiry
Find out how our experience with turbine repairs can help save you time and money.